— We rely on the generosity of neighbours just like you. If you have any excess food in your own yard, from fruit trees or gardens, sign up below.
Please read our COVID-19 Safety Guidelines to find out how Home Harvest will be safely managed this season.
Thank you for sharing your locally grown food! Here’s how it works:
- You fill out our Grower Sign-up form
- Within 4 business days, our city coordinator will email you instructions on how to log-in to our grower portal via a web browser
- You log-in to our grower portal and request a harvest or home pickup (if you’d prefer to harvest the food yourself)!
- You can monitor whether or not a volunteer has signed up for your harvest/pickup via the grower portal or our mobile app
- Our volunteer will phone you 1-2 days before the scheduled harvest/pickup date to confirm:
- Equipment needed
We are not a guaranteed service – we rely on volunteers to sign up to complete harvests. If no volunteer signs up, your food will not be harvested. To increase the chances of a volunteer signing up:
- Choose to allocate a greater portion of the harvest towards the volunteer in our grower portal.
- Sign-up as early as possible! We suggest a minimum of 2 weeks before your food needs to be harvested.
- We are not a landscaping service – our volunteers will leave your yard in as good or better condition as to how they found it.
- Our volunteers do not have specialized equipment like scaffolds and cherry picker trucks and will only pick fruit that is reachable from a 1.8m (6ft) ladder.